Our Sustainability Policy
We aim to develop Chemical Solutions as a long term, sustainable business that delivers value for all our stakeholders including our employees, clients, suppliers, business partners, and the wider community. By managing our business responsibly, we support the creation of a financially stable organisation and deliver value to our customers
- Areas of focus
- Responsible business practices
- Supporting our employees
- Managing our supply chain
- Environmental management
To operate sustainably we focus our activities in our key impact areas. These impact areas reflect both our opportunities to make a positive. By managing these areas well, we believe we can deliver the best possible benefits for both our business and the community.
We ensure that these practices are upheld across our business through our Employee induction and employee training programmes.
We believe in delivering excellent service for our clients to meet their needs. We ensure that we manage their services responsibly, adhering to legal requirements. We have robust policies and procedures in place to ensure we meet these requirements by providing guidance and training to our employees and through continual improvement activities
We value our employees and are committed to providing them with a workplace which is safe and secure. We aim to create a culture where every employee is treated fairly and with respect. We recognise the value that a diverse workforce can bring and we do not accept any form of discrimination. We believe in creating an inspiring workplace, committing to developing our people, giving them the right skills to help deliver our business strategy.
We aim to develop mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers and we are committed to working with suppliers who meet our business and sustainability standards.
We are committed to identifying, managing and minimising the environmental impact of our business operations. We have an environmental management policy in place to help us manage our impacts and ensure that we comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Chemical Solutions is firmly committed to a policy enabling all work activities to be carried out safely, and with all possible measures taken to remove (or reduce) risks to the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors, authorised visitors, and anyone else who may be affected by our operations. We are committed to ensuring we comply with the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995, the Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 1998 and applicable codes of practice and Australian Standards as far as possible.
- A safe working environment
- Safe systems of work
- Plant and substances in safe condition
- Facilities for the welfare of employees
- Information, instruction, training and supervision that is reasonably necessary to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to health
- A commitment to consult and cooperate with employees in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace
- A commitment to continually improve our performance through effective safety management
- Comply with safe work practices, with the intent of avoiding injury to themselves and others and damage to plant and equipment
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others
- Wear personal protective equipment and clothing where necessary
- Comply with any direction given by management in relation to health and safety
- Not misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interest of health and safety
- Report all accidents and incidents on the job immediately, no matter how trivial
- Report all known or observed hazards to their supervisor or manager
- Application of this policy
- We seek the co-operation of all employees, customers and visitors. We encourage suggestions in realising our health and safety objectives to create a safe working environment with a zero accident rate.
Management will provide and maintain:
Each employee has an obligation to:
This policy applies to all business operations and functions, including those situations where employees are required to work off-site.
Environmental Management Policy
We are dedicated to delivering a quality of service in a way that warrants a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment.
We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use environmental best practices in all activities we do.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities
Managing Our Carbon Footprint as a Green Company
Green Company is our roadmap for sustainability, efficiency and transparency, especially when it comes to resources and energy, thereby achieving a small carbon footprint.
This guiding principle underpins all our work, from environment-sensitive production methods to energy-efficient machineries.
Our services and products focus on energy and water efficiency while achieving top performance based on our technologies with the aim of minimizing the impact on the environment by maintaining a smaller carbon-foot-print.
- Carbon Footprint
We take pride in taking this responsibility as ‘Green Company’, which can create the potential to not only improve the future but also our quality of our life today.
As a fast growing chemical company, we are conscious of our responsibility towards society and future generations.
We act in harmony with our environment with the aim of preserving values like trust and integrity, promoting health and treating the environment and natural resources with due and diligent care.
We develop innovative technological solutions to develop more economical and resource-efficient machineries and systems which aid both environment and production efficiency.
Achieving and maintaining a low carbon footprint has been an integral part of our environmental management policy and we are keen and focussed on sustaining the implementations.
We believe that a low and small carbon foot print is the first step towards building a safer and greener environment
To learn more about our policies and manufacturing processing call Chemical Solutions on 1300 708 558 today.